When it comes to above ground pool installation, some people prefer to go with an expert. However, there are certain other people who take upon the task of above ground pool installation on themselves. The fact is above ground pools are easy to install and one does not always need expert hands to do this job. If you are thinking of installing your pool on your own, this article will prove to be very helpful. In this article, we will discuss at length the process of above ground pool installation. So, read and learn.
Here are the step-by-step guide to the above ground pool installation process
1. Since above ground pools are fairly big in size, you will need a few people to help you out. Feel free to call some of your friends on a breezy day and begin with the process of above ground pool installation.
2. Next, check if your drainage system is working properly. If the drainage system is inefficient, it will lead to water clogging which can turn out to be a huge problem. It is advisable to take the advice of an expert in this particular regard. If you feel your drainage system isn’t working properly, get it fixed before beginning with the above ground pool installation process.
3. Above ground pools need an even surface on which they can rest comfortably. The first step in the above ground pool installation process is preparing the ground. Start by clearing the grass and getting rid of sod. You must also check your local area above ground pool installation rules for any specifications. Once you have successfully removed sod and grass, you can start with the process of levelling the ground. This is a slightly tricky part and must be done with immense care.
4. Once the ground has been levelled properly, begin with the process of laying the foundation. Sand is the best foundational material for above ground swimming pools. Not only does sand provide an even base, it also acts like a floor cushion. A 2-inch sand base is what you should aim for during the process of above ground pool installation. If you think that the small stones present in sand can cause harm to your pool lining, you can add an extra layer of floor padding between sand and the pool for added safety.
5. Now comes the most important task — installing the pool. Every pool comes with a manual that explains every step of the installation process. Read the manual carefully and follow it religiously. You should also check if you have received all the parts specified in the manual. If you feel any of the parts are missing, return the pool set back as soon as possible and ask for a new one.
6. Once you have successfully erected the walls and frame, create a cove inside your above ground swimming pool. This step is an important part of the above ground pool installation process and should not be skipped at any cost. The cove keeps the pool lining from slipping under the pool wall. Though coves can be created at home, it is advisable to buy a ready-made one from the market and simply install it in the pool.
7. The next step in the above ground pool installation process is installing the pool lining. Since liners are made from thin materials, you should check them for any cuts or holes before installing them. Here’s an above ground pool installation hack — if the lining is fine, leave it in the sun for about two hours. Sun’s heat will make vinyl softer and more manageable.
Use the manual to see exactly how a liner is installed. The manual will give you the step-by-step process of pool liner installation ( read — Everything you need to know about above ground pool liner replacement). There is one thing you should keep in mind. The liner should lie comfortably over the ground. If you see any space between the liner and the ground, remove the air space with the help of a vacuum cleaner. If you think you are finding it difficult to install the liner, ask for the help of an expert.
8. Once the liner is successfully installed, the next step in the above ground pool installation process is installing the filter system and heater. Once this is done, fill your pool with water and add the required swimming pool chemicals to it.
9. Your above ground pool is ready.
Though the above ground pool installation process is fairly easy, there is no denying that certain steps can prove to be tricky. If you find yourself struggling during any step, pick up a phone and call an expert.